Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Great Carnacki

There is a fantastic series of spine-tingling short stories out there, written by William Hope Hodgson. If you do a google on him, or put in the word 'Carnacki', I am sure you'll find plenty about them both. There would've been a great deal more, had Hodgson not been killed in WWI. But his stories live on, and in my opinion he's a better read than Poe or Stephen King. I think you'll agree! Here's a wonderful short story by him (in entirety). It falls a little flat at the end, but some of the description of the haunting makes your skin creep. I highly recommend it, but recommend his other stories even more.

I'll blog more tomorrow when my back and neck stop spasming. The doctor tells me that this is to be expected and that ups and downs will continue until I'm fully healed. Thanks to every one who was inquiring! ;o)

8 comments:

Gyrobo said...

Those ancient authors really knew how to bust a groove.

TLP said...

Sorry you're still in pain! Bummer.

Fred said...

Hope you're doing better tomorrow.

Lee Ann said...

Get plenty of rest, hope you feel better quick!

OldHorsetailSnake said...

I was remiss in getting around yesterday, so I missed your Dec. 13 post until today. That's a beautiful exposition, kid. Wonderful, pluperfect and all that.... Oh, did I mention that you wrote it well?

Dave said...

Saur,

Hope you feel better. If you need money let me know.

Jessica said...

I recommend drugs. Or at least hot baths. Get well soon.

Live, Love, Laugh said...

I recommend Bio Freeze, I love that stuff! When I had my back surgery and was having leg spasms as well as back aches, I used that stuff and it saved my life. I got it from the chiropractor!