Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Does a Bear...?

Speaking with a friend online about ridiculous sayings, I recalled one of my favorite examples: I once had a creepy boss who was an emaciated chain-smoking blond with dagger like fingernails she never cleaned. She would toss back her shaggy, over-processed hair and regularly make a rhetorical statement (whenever you dared to ask her a question): "Does a bear sh*t in the woods?"
 
That was a question I could never truly answer because it could take a philosophical bent similar to "If a tree falls in the woods but no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?" I came to believe that this usually was an elaborate way of saying "yes" but I was often tempted to waste her time debating this just to get even. ("Well, Kathy, I'm glad you brought this up. I've seen the Charmin commercials and...")

0 comments: