Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pov Moo in New York City

My best friend Pov Moo went to a major function in New York City on Monday, and I loaned him my fabulous camera for the trip. He stayed in the Dream Hotel near Central Park and Times Square. We thought we would share some of his adventures and photos with you. (Just wait 'till you hear what took place at the NBC Studios...)

There are a lot of pictures here, but I really wanted to share the feel in a comprehensive way.

The first batch of pictures were taken at or near Times Square on Monday night:







He passed M&Ms World on his way back to his hotel room:




The next morning, Pov set out at dawn to capture New York City at near freezing temperatures.

One of the first things he went by was the NBC Studios, where they were filming The Today Show:



As Pov was rounding the corner, he knocked into a woman with short blond hair. He apologized automatically, and then realized he'd just bumped into Pink, the rockstar. Her bodyguards immediately began demanding identification as Pov extricated himself. Pov is always getting himself into situations like this: I don't know how he does it.

Afterwards, Pov took some shots of Pink in the Today Show studio:




Radio City Music Hall:




The weather couldn't make up it's mind and there were light snow flurries at times as well as just plain, cold rain:















He went past St. John the Divine Cathedral (Episcopalian) and even went inside, but the inside shots were too dark, so we can only share the exterior shots:





Rockefeller Center:




Chinese Bagels:


New York Asses (see the billboard):


Gamer's Mecca:

11 comments:

Fred said...

Love the pictures. I used to spend quite a bit of time in NYC for business, and absolutely loved the 24/7 city lifestyle. Of course, I was much younger then...

Saur♥Kraut said...

Fred, I do remember your mentioning it. You were the manager and later a trainer for a major fast food restaurant, as I recall(?)

The Lazy Iguana said...

My mom and dad are going to that place in December. Of all the months to go to NYC - they pick December.

Go figure.

Saur♥Kraut said...

Lazy, ;o) That's one that escapes me too. Of course there IS a lot to see around Christmas time - the tree in Rockefeller Center, for instance. I'd probably do it once, if it wasn't for my cold-sensitive asthma.

Rita Loca said...

Nice. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

News just in: Palin confesses to wanting to run again in 2012 has no intention of going back to Alaska.

MILF got taste of the big time...

Whistle Britches said...

loved the pics.
I hope I'll get to go someday.

Jenn said...

I LOVE NY city. wow...what a fabulous trip.

I'm laughing at Pov Moo running into Pink. Were the body guards all in a huff or was she cool about it?

Saur♥Kraut said...

Bee, The bodyguards were pretty huffy, demanding ID and everything. He'd somehow blundered into a secure area, hadn't been looking where he was going, and had somehow woven between all the bodyguards, was looking down and fiddling with his camera, when he ran smack into her.

Suzy-Q said...

NYC is hopefully the next big adventure for the Joe's. :o)

Three Score and Ten or more said...

That IS a nice camera, great pictures.