Pages

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Kids Stuff I Hate

OK, my eyes are no better and I'm getting really FRUSTRATED. I mean, I'm typing with READING GLASSES like a GRANDMA for heaven's sake!!! And even then, only one eye CAN SEE!!!

OK, enough about my eyes and overuse of (exclamation points!!!) and WILD CAPITALIZATION.

So...

Today I go to the mall with my best bud, Pov Moo, who works nights and has the luxury of wandering fruitlessly on shopping expeditions with me.

We walk into the mall and I see this sign, and I have to say it says it all:


Yup. The Kidgits Club: Where kids are idgits. With a "K".

And speaking of idgits, who came up with THIS bright Happy Meal toy?

This is to promote the new Star Trek movie: The First Generation for the Next-to-Last Time (Sequel To Be Announced).

What's really odd here is that this comes from a mold, no details added except for a button on top that when you press it, a voice erupts from the inside that says something rather garbled. Over and over again.

Well, the voice only repeats when kids press the button repeatedly or you accidentally set your wallet on it. Anyway, after repeated plays, I think it says "A Parching Topsoil."

This leads me to believe it's another environmentally correct movie targeted at kids. Either that, or they need a new toy manufacturer.

Finally, who thought up THIS?


Note the fat, dumb looking fairy hovering around in the left hand corner. Yeah, I know that the majority of America is now ranging from fat to obese. I guess Disney wants to go for its target market.

But I'm just hoping they don't subject us to a new interpretation of Prince Charming. I'm happy with my old fantasies, thank you.

6 comments:

The Lazy Iguana said...

I want to see the new Star Trek movie. I figure why not. I have apparently seen all the rest of them. Not seeing this one would be like watching Friday The 13th 1 - 12, and then missing the last one - of course made before the newest one.

but the newest Friday The 13th movie does not count, as it does not have a number after it. So it is totally new! I think it is just called "Jason" or something lame.

Anyhow - the fast food places always want to tie into what they think will be a hot movie. And movie companies always want some cross promotion going on - double so if they think the movie is going to stink the place up.

Whenever the movie is advertised, the fast food place is tied to it, and when the fast food place runs a TV ad, the movie is tied into it. So you can double your advertising exposure for free. Sort of.

As for the fat fairies thing, the ancient greeks had many examples of fat flying things. Cupid was not exactly ripped. Cupid was this fat little mostly naked flying thing with a very very VERY tiny little wang. So tiny even the Chinese make fun of it.

daveawayfromhome said...

Your Prince Charming image makes me want to shoot lasers into my own eyes.

Hey! Blogger gave me Lazy's kaptcha: "boatie"

AQ said...

Happy Mother's Day, Saur. I hope things are getting better for you.

Fred said...

I was fine until I got to the last picture.

I think the silhouette in the first picture is the closest we've ever come to seeing the real Saur!

Hopefully the last of the eye troubles will be over.

Whistle Britches said...

my gosh.
I wish I hadn't seen that last pic.

word verif. is prequil

hmmmm....

Saur♥Kraut said...

Everyone, I am truly sorry I can't reply but it's just too difficult to read right now.

Thanks so much for your continued interest. Have a wonderful week!