Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oprah

It's about time someone tries to take Oprah Winfrey down a notch. For an accurate discussion of what Oprah believes, go to this article by a non-denominational Christian think tank. It's a pretty good assessment of what I've observed over the years.

Now Kitty Kelley, famous gossip hound and biographer, has taken on The Great O, and has found that many media outlets won't discuss the book with her, for fear of alienating Oprah.

Why?

Because Oprah has a large number of mindless, brain-dead fans who drool over every word she emits and follow her blindly. To anger Oprah is to anger her fans.

Kitty Kelley has done many biographies and angered many people. I've often heard the controversies, the arguments, and the denials. So, is she telling the truth?

The people who praised her biography of Ronald Reagan and were aghast when we questioned her facts cannot decry her now.

On the other hand, those of us who felt that she was full of crap to begin with may finally find some allies.

I won't buy the book, but you can bet that I'll rent it from our local library.

3 comments:

clew said...

I've never been fond of Oprah. This article certainly didn't soften my opinions ;)

A.H. said...

I am no fan of celebrity culture and New Ageism, but the article seems to be 12 years out-of-date. Does this mean matters have got worse? Or is it unreliable evidence?

Saur♥Kraut said...

Clew, agreed.

Esh, I can't vouch for what Kelly says until I read the book and see her sources. Breathless citations of secrets will do nothing for me - I would want to see hard evidence.