Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Things Are Looking Up

Well, at the risk of jinxing things, I must say that things are looking up. I saw an ad online for a part-time sales rep, which would suit me perfectly. I contacted the owner and was called back within minutes. He wants to meet with me on Friday, so we'll see if we like each other. However, it's encouraging to know that the only job I bit at was the job that bit back.

Also, client sign-ups seem to be on the increase. However, this could be the last hurrah for the season, so I'm not counting my chickens until they're hatched (as my grandmother would've said). I also think I have my nemesis on the run, as a recent development has occurred which may show just how conniving he's been with my accounts.

While I was on a shopping trip for my Ebay business this weekend, I chanced across a brilliant jewelry artist who makes fantastic handmade, hand-hammered thick silver beads which are tubes of various sizes, embellished with 14K gold. He has a wonderful and engaging personality, and I immediately realized he could be a perfect match for a single friend that I have. I mentioned her, got them both on the phone, and he's coming in to town today to meet her. To make it less high-pressure, we'll do a group date and see how the evening progresses. I adore matchmaking, even though I am notoriously bad at it. Let's hope I'm lucky this time. If it's a disaster, you'll know about it on Friday.

Last night, auditions were announced for the game show "Jeopardy". I never watch TV, so I know vaguely that Jeopardy is all about trivia questions. My boyfriend begged me to go and so I dressed up like a dowager duchess and was dragged to the Hard Rock Cafe in Tampa, where traffic was at a total standstill. By the time we got in, the last people had been admitted for auditions that night. We gave up and went home. So much for an interesting story! Ah well - you win some, you lose some, and I'm sure that this is one loss on the way to a big win, so I'm not complaining.

Maybe next time I'll get a chance to be on Wheel of Fortune. Or... is that still on TV?

3 comments:

Whistle Britches said...

you should start your own game show.
start at the top.

you need a stud to turn letters or something?.....

not me....haha

The Lazy Iguana said...

Wheel Of Fortune is for people who can not get on Jeopardy. They also usually walk away with more money too.

I am going to vote for "limited slot machines" in Dade County. Again. People who think a machine will ruin the "family friendly atmosphere" of Florida are on crack. What the hell is so "family friendly" about Miami? Nothing. Except for the traffic?? That is really friendly.

I am also going to vote NO on 1. I am all for tax cuts, but I think the Amendment proposal is not very well thought out. Where is the money to run the State going to come from? Magic? Will I be asked for a credit card number when I call FHP for assistance? Something will have to pay for troopers. So no on 1.

M@ said...

Good luck w/ the job.