Pages

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mr. X's Gentle Rebuttal

After reading my post titled "Passive/Aggressive Behavior", I received the following response from Mr. X. I was pleasantly surprised! He was very polite and civil, and wanted to argue his case. In turn, I think I owe it to him to post this:

Mr. X: Wow. Geez. As I mentioned in my blog a few weeks ago, I was changing it from being somewhat censored and an attempt to get people to like me to a "hell be damned, I'm going to be myself and express myself uncensored and if it makes people go away, I don't care." So people were forewarned.

I'm not suicidal, nor am I passive/aggressive. I've just been blogging for over year and finally just accepted the fact that my original purposes for it were unrealized, and that my auxiliary purposes for it were unrealized and so that I needed a new purpose for it. And that purpose is for it to be my journal, for myself, for later in life, that I can look back. If it serves as an outlet or even a toilet for my negative moods, so be it. If my life turns around and suddenly I'm going to gush, I'll gush there. Either way, it's a free world.

FYI, my email has and always will be on my profile page. And just for the record, you have the chronology wrong... I was complaining about people not commenting and it did bother me some, but then I decided that it wasn't worth it and turned off comments. So there was a progression in thought there. A rational progression IMHO.


Although I would still argue that a true documentation of your life should probably not be in blogger (an unreliable platform at times) and there may be some psychological justification here, I felt he made a very fair argument and I respect him for it.

6 comments:

Kristie said...

Sounds like a reasonable response. I agree, that perhaps Blogger isnt the best place for a journal, but then, I have created an alternate site that I used temporarily for that purpose as well, so ...

;)
btw-- i really really loved that mothers day video!

michelle said...

What? No mention that Kathleen was worried? No mention that I emailed and then got on the phone with you? Just becaue Mr. X states we ALL got it wrong doesn't mean we don't deserve the common courtesy of a thank you, but all is well.

Anonymous said...

I suppose I should feel a little guilty having set off the alarm. I went back to re-read the posts that got me worried and in retrospect, I think it was valid to have some concern. I am happy that he is well and doing fine.

No regrets.

Beaver said...

Hey Saur :) just wanted to say hello ! I read your last few posts and must say I just love your short stories.

Let me congratulate you on your kindness to Mr. X. Showing care for strangers is always a challenge.

Much love,

Beav'

Dave said...

Saur,

Kathleen is a lot like Jessica Fletcher. I hope she lets me know if I start sounding a bit skewed.

Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Can't help it, I just regurgitate my days on the blog. If someone doesn't talk about real life how the h E double toothpicks are we supposed to learn about it without screwing up our own lives.

News, sports and politics are topics. The true roots of any topic are found in the lives of the people that create them. Success, joy, drama and angst, are the basic building blocks of any life and all topics.

So IMHO, journal away!