Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Brooke and Nick Hogan: Paragons of Virtue?

Brooke Hogan, a.k.a. Brooke Bollea, is busy ranting about her brother Nick Bollea and his injured friend, John Graziano.

According to a St. Pete Times blog:

"I know most of the public thinks my brother is some rich little selfish kid, but NO ONE knows the real story and I'm really pissed that the truth didn't come out from either side," she wrote. "A LOT of lies were told in that trial. Believe me. And it wasn't from us. John (Graziano) was NEVER home. He was at our house. ALL THE TIME."

She also ripped on how you idiots who watch Hogan Knows Best and for some reason give a damn about them had better get up off it, because reality TV is anything but. Who knew?

"And by the way, before you judge anybody, make sure you really know them. I promise you if you were to meet my brother he would give you the shirt off his back. He's not "NICK HOGAN." AND hes not the person he plays on tv. People are so gullible now a days…"

Well gee, I wonder why the public would think that Nick was a rich, selfish kid? Brooke should take comfort that Nick is not alone in this: We see her as one, too.

I was at the candlelight vigil. I wrote about how the Hogans were trying to remake Nick's image. (I think it's time for them to put a little effort in Brooke's direction, also). I saw the trial.

Here's the real scoop: Nick IS a rich, selfish kid. And from the moment he wrapped his car around a tree, his family's been in a rush to make him seem to be something that he is not.

The Hogans lavished money on the gullible Grazianos. They held tearful press conferences, they conned John Graziano's mom into making idiotic statements in which she said that the Hogans were taking good care of the Grazianos and treated John like another son. All these things were added to the Hogans' arsenal, as anyone could see that lawsuits and trials were coming.

The Hogans also started up some sort of charitable fund in which Nick made an attempt to raise money for John's ongoing care. When this was brought up in court before the judge, the Graziano attorney (George Tragos) stated that this was the first that any of them had heard about it. Gosh, what a surprise. And here we thought the Grazianos and Hogans were so tight-knit, right?

The judge who presided over Nick Hogan's case has a dire reputation of being no one to mess with. There are local attorneys who will ask you who your judge is, and when you say "It's Judge Federico," they decline your case. He lived up to his reputation on the day he sentenced Nick.

Nick was sentenced according to guidelines. Some could argue that the judge had been too lenient, others that he was too harsh. In my opinion, the sentence was fair, and Nick was lucky. Too bad that John Graziano, who has now had part of his frontal lobe removed and remains in an unresponsive state, was equally unlucky.

Even if, as Brooke alleges, John was constantly at the Hogans' house, does that give them free license to use him as a meat puppet? Perhaps he was a groupie, perhaps he was a genuine friend. But whatever John's motivations were, they did not give Nick Hogan the right to repeatedly drive recklessly and make rash decisions (while encouraged by his family members to do so).

The Hogan parents raised both of their children badly. This was shown repeatedly in court, and it's evidenced in their actions.

Brooke's ridiculous, trite little chidings cannot hide the truth. The truth is plain to everyone. Everyone, that is, except for poor John Graziano, who will spend the rest of his life in a vegetative state while the Hogans go on to enjoy their freedom, their fame, and their lives.

Below is what John Graziano looks like today, and will look like for the rest of his life:

8 comments:

Bee said...

I didn't know about any of this. Did his passenger die or is he a half vegetable?

And that picture of her. Wow. Half off sale on pants, eh? Maybe it's easier to have her dad put her tanning lotion on ~ick~

Saur♥Kraut said...

Yeah, sad to say - ALL the Hogans are apparently self-indulgent and snotty.

Dad is in the middle of a divorce, and immediately he goes off and gets a new girlfriend who is Brooke's age and looks just like her... *bleah*

Apparently he cheated on his wife with Brooke's former best friend, too.

*barf*

Excuse me for a minute. I think I puked a little in my mouth...

...OK, I'm back. A little toothpaste, some mouthwash, and I'm good as new. Now if I can just get that picture out of my head...

As for Brooke: She's apparently well-heeled trailer trash (or so she behaves). Kind of another Britney Spears (as I pointed out in the pic) but more low-rent.

And yes, John Graziano is (bluntly) in a vegetative state and there is truly no doubt - he cannot recover.

I feel so terribly sorry for his mom and dad. They're suffering much more than he is, probably. And they have Nick Hogan and his family to thank for it.

And as a whole, this also goes to show why reality TV is so stupid for a celebrity to get involved in. It gives the courts and victims something to point to.

So for all of Brooke's whinings about it (and thank heavens *I* never had to sit through one of their vile episodes)... They were the dummies who did it. And frankly there is no sane human on earth that is willing to behave like an *sshole just to be on TV. I think the reality show caught... their very reality.

Tea said...

I imagine all young and rich celebrities are spoiled but it`s still a terrible tragedy and one he`ll have to live with for the rest of his life. It`s all so awful for the other kids family.

tea
xo

Saur♥Kraut said...

Tea, Some are more spoiled than others. After all, you never hear a THING about Mel Gibson's kids, and Goldie Hawn's daughter grew into something that Goldie is proud of.

I wouldn't worry about Nick. The remorse he feels is negligable at best. Did you know he skateboarded down the hospital corridors and found other ways to keep himself amused while he was there? No: the words 'remorse' and 'Nick Hogan' don't go together.

It IS awful for the Grazianos. So terribly awful.

Fred said...

I wish the Hogans would just go away.

I hope John Graziano gets all the money he needs to make him comfortable. And then some. I saw a picture of him on the news...he essentially as a large whole in his forehead.

Whistle Britches said...

I didn't now about any of this.
I'm blissfully ignorant.

daveawayfromhome said...

"there is no sane human on earth that is willing to behave like an *sshole just to be on TV."

Have you never heard of Jerry Springer? Of course there are people who will act like an asshole just to get on TV. There are people who will act like a dog just to get on TV. God knows there's plenty of people who'll act like whores to do it.

Nick Hogan's "remorse" shouldnt be much of a factor here. He was the one driving recklessly (and I'd hope that this wasnt in question), and so is the one responsible for the wreck. He's probably lucky not to be charged with manslaughter, because, let's face it, Graziano's dead. Or, at best, trapped alive inside a meat prison. Even if a future medical miracle allows the regrowing of his brain, it wont replace all the information inside of it that made him John Graziano, whatever the body may look like.

Saur♥Kraut said...

Daveawayfromhome, excellent points all. And note that I said "sane". ;o)

Uncle Joe, And I'll bet you wish you still didn't know...

Fred, True enough. After you made that statement, I felt I should provide that photo so that others could understand the magnitude. I'm not sure why they don't take him off life support, but I can understand the internal conflict. As Dave says, the guy's really deaded and trapped in a meat prison.