Pages

Monday, June 12, 2006

Universal Studios

Ozma (40 years old) and her hot 20-year old latino boyfriend (Julio) dragged SaurKid and I off to Universal Studios for the weekend. It was good to get away. I was still raw from last week, and needed the distraction.

SaurKid was thrilled! Because my ex-boyfriend had always been jealous of SaurKid, he had never been anything better than snide most of the time. Julio is a baseball player for the Phillies and a very nice down-to-earth guy. He loves kids, and is very personable. He and SaurKid hit it off, and everyone had a ball. I'm hoping he'll be my future brother-in-law. He seems to adore Ozma.

When we first arrived at Universal Studios, we had to hunt them down. We found them at an Irish-style pub, where they were eating chicken wings and fries. SaurKid and I ponied up to the bar, ordered a couple sodas, and watched the game on TV. The bartender was amazing; a very personable elderly guy who shook hands with every customer, asked their names, and never forgot it. Some customers wandered in, he would point to them, and say "Jim - gin and tonic again?" He was always right.

After the bartender served us our drinks, he paused for a moment, then leaned in toward me and said "You're incredibly beautiful, do you know that?" (I have to admit that he probably says that to all the girls but I really needed the ego boost at that moment). He even chatted with SaurKid about the soccer game on TV (SaurKid's a big soccer fan).

SaurKid himself was talkative and animated all weekend. He loved being able to speak freely (I'd never realized that he felt he couldn't) and he was sociable and funny. Our favorite show was the Horror Makeup Show which was absolutely hysterical. Sometimes an act seems to be so obviously cheesy that it's too contrived to be enjoyable. But this was just the right mix, and the actors were allowed to ad-lib just enough to give it the freshness you need (or an act will become stale).

Although the weekend was wonderful, it was tiring as well. It's raining here today, and I feel like just curling up in bed. However, it's the work day and it's time to dig in. I'm looking forward to going to be early tonight!

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I don't want to get into details now, but perhaps someday I will share. I think it's sufficient to say that I am currently the titleholder for The Most Scandalous Relationship Ending amongst all my friends and family members. I intend to never have that distinction again.

26 comments:

Miss Cellania said...

Hi! Glad you had some nice distraction, and glad you are back in the Blogosphere! I have just walked in from a weekend away also. Don't be in a hurry about deciding what to share and what to keep. The longer you consider it first, the less regrets later. Those who care about you will understand.

United We Lay said...

Hey! I'm glad you got a break. You deserve it! I know things are rough for you right now, but you seem to be handling it incredibly well. I wish I could go to Universal! We're back in the land of my FAVORITE water/amusement park and I'm stuck on the bench all summer. I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end.

michelle said...

Glad Saurkid has such a great time too! He deserves it as much as you do.

you have to check out Batman's post today.

Fred said...

Glad you and SaurKid had a great time. I need to go to Universal; I spend too much time at Disney.

It's pouring here in New Tampa right now. Stay dry!

AQ said...

Glad you enjoyed your distraction. Welcome back. We missed you.

*Hugs* for both you and SaurKid.

Notsocranky Yankee said...

Glad you had a nice weekend. Hang in there!

High Power Rocketry said...

I once worked on a commercial for the studio, and the actor who was (maybe still is) Frank N. Stein in that show was in it. He was really scary. : ) They had to ask him to tone it down a bit because clearly the commercial was for kids.

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Life is for living.

Ed said...

Sounds like you've had a stressful week as well. I hope it all works out for you in the end. Mine had a happy ending and I thank you for your thoughts.

Linda Jones Malonson said...

Glad you had a good weekend Saur, you and Saurkid take care ... sending good thoughts and hugs your way ....

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Glad to see you are feeling bettter, Saur, and that your weekend was a good one afterall!

mal said...

everyone needs a good scandal now and then *S*... I am glad you are doing better

Stephanie said...

Oh Saur, I'm so sorry to hear about the bf.

I'm glad you're holding up though, and I'm really glad to hear that it's over if that's how he treated your son.

I'm sure the weekend away will have done wonders for the psyche: it's always good to get away from your troubles for a time to kind of sort out what's going on in your head.

Heather said...

Sounds like you managed to have some fun. Glad you got a break.

LZ Blogger said...

I know that is NOT a distinction that I WANT either! ~ jb///

OldHorsetailSnake said...

But he had that right: You ARE beautiful. And industrious, too. Nice combo.

Deb said...

You definitely needed that Saur. It's nice to get away and have that distraction from life sometimes.

As a bartender myself, I was laughing when you said he predicted the drinks of his customers. You really can tell after a while what someone is going to order. I even had it done to me by a waiter---and I was shocked.

Anyway, I hope you're doing well and hanging in there.

High Power Rocketry said...

http://blogshares.com/blogs.php?blog=http%3A%2F%2Ffranklysaurkraut.blogspot.com%2F

Your blog is worth 35,000 $ ?

I think?

Deb said...

You definitely needed that Saur. It's nice to get away and have that distraction from life sometimes.

As a bartender myself, I was laughing when you said he predicted the drinks of his customers. You really can tell after a while what someone is going to order. I even had it done to me by a waiter---and I was shocked.

Anyway, I hope you're doing well and hanging in there.

Dave said...

Saur,

I just live for most scandalous.

You should be a writer.

The Lazy Iguana said...

Can you believe I have never been to Universal Studios?? BAD FLORIDIAN! I should flog myself.

As for the whole "mystery incident" thing - just so you know some of us are invisioning chickens and goats and other farm animals somehow being involved....

Kristie said...

glad to hear you had a good time. Too bad we have alberto heading our way..nothing but rain for a few days. Altho we need it, i just hate getting so much of it at once.

We're here for ya!! Keep up the good spirits.

Jenn said...

It's nice to see you back. :-)

I've been to Universal... I love the Dr. Suess area.

D-Dub said...

Nice to see you writing again. Blog land isn't the same without you.

Nihilistic said...

Hmm...I still think I have you beat on the most scandalous break up!

mckay said...

saur! i won that trophy, too. it's hidden in the back of my closet with a skeleton or two ;0)

life throws some interesting curve balls, and you did an excellent job of hitting it outta da park. i'm so glad that saurkid is opening up now that he's free to express himself. that's the best news of all :D !!!