Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2006

My Dad's Doing Well

Sorry it took so long to post today! Dad's doing very well. They say if it had been 20 years ago, he never would've made it. However, the damage to the heart was minimal and he's looking very well! We're staying with him, just in case, but it's really amazing what modern science can do.

Almost immediately upon arriving at the hospital, they did an angioplasty and inserted a stint and he went from having an artery that was 99% clogged, to 0% in a short amount of time. He's still under observation and testing, however.

Thanks for your kind comments and concern! I don't have time to read it all now (I'm rushing back to the hospital) but wanted to let you know. ;o)

13 comments:

Jenn said...

I have prayed for him today. Glad to hear he's doing well!

Brianne said...

So glad to hear he's doing well! My thoughts are still with all of you...

Bryan said...

So glad to hear it.

Anonymous said...

Really good news! Being at the hospital is so exhausting, but staying home can be worse. Still in my thoughts and prayers.

Ellen said...

Ah, the power of modern medicine, and prayers.... glad they were aplenty. How is your Mom doing?
And, how are you doing?

michelle said...

As you know I work in a hosptial, not medical. I see patients come in by ambulance and run out with joy. The heart is stronger than we think sometimes. Modern medicine is amazing. Glad to hear things are going well.

PS. I called and left you a message, but do not expect a call back.

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

So sorry to hear about your dad, Saur.

Sending prayers and many good vibes for a speedy recovery!

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Be sure to take care of yourself, too, missy.

High Power Rocketry said...

Pretty scary stuff :(

R2K

Eddo said...

Praise the Lord! Good to hear good news!

mikster said...

Nice to hear that everything is ok...hoping for the best for ya!

Suzy-Q said...

Thank God for modern medicine!

Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

So glad he is ok. Tell him I said just take it easy for a month or so and then start walking.

The mistake I made was, betweent he hip surgury and the heart attack I couldn't get around well and my muscles all went south on me. Coming back is hard.

Staying with it is easier.

Luck to all of you and I'm so glad you get to keep him a while longer.