Pages

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Saturday Morning Updates on Past Stories

Rosie

Do you remember my friend Rosie? She has finally returned to work and has been doing much better. There are still many health problems which she is encountering, however, including the inexplicable but continual problem of swelling in her brain. She has almost reached the maximum for the medication that she can take for the problem, and soon decisions will need to be made unless a miracle occurs.

She also has complications from a car accident which will require surgery, her chronic asthma which can be threatened by even the slightest cold, and the tumor in her throat which has yet to be diagnosed.

Despite all this, she remains upbeat and happy and hillarious as ever. She's still "all that and a bag of chips!" But please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Ozma
(You can read about Ozma here in the "My Friends" category)

Ozma reads my blog sometimes so I don't know if she will see this or not, but I am very concerned about her and have deliberately withdrawn from her. She is definately on the down-swing and making terrible personal choices which could ultimately endanger her life or the lives of others. Additionally, they are soul-scarring.

I have been a chicken and have chosen to avoid her instead of confronting her, due to all the other stressors and "stuff" that I am occupied with at the moment. Ultimately, something will need to be said... for her sake, if not for others.

Ozma is a very likeable person and has much good in her. I am hoping that she's merely fallen asleep at the wheel and wake up to the reality of what she's doing before it's too late.

Giselle

My friend, Giselle, continues to have minor problems with her ex-husband but happily he has not physically attacked her again (he had smacked her around when she was pregnant with their child). She is moving forward after her divorce, is very happy and successful both personally and professionally, and has been dating a very wonderful guy for quite some time now.

Both of her kids are doing great. I am going to be meeting the rest of her family this weekend, as well as help celebrate the birthday of her three-year-old. It's going to be an action-packed weekend!

The Addicted Daughter

Do you remember my employee's addicted daughter? She continues the endless cycle of an addict, just as my ex-boyfriend does. She is in and out of the hospital and mental wards on a regular basis. Sad to say it, but unless a miracle occurs, it's only a matter of time before she dies. I would give her only two more years of life, max. The medical doctors are even less optimistic.

Michelle

Michelle remains sickeningly normal. However, lately I just don't speak to her enough to find out differently. Maybe she's taken up bank robbery. One can only hope. I think she'd look awesome all decked out like Annie Oakley.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saur what a well rounded group of people. And you are under stress? You are such a wonderful friend to all these people that is for sure(even the one you are avoiding for you own healths sake). Prayers continue for Rosie, I think the whole list needs some prayers.

Dave said...

Saur,

Michelle is a very odd individual. I hope you're able to help her.

The Lazy Iguana said...

Inform Michelle that I happen to have a model 1895 Winchester 30-30 lever action rifle with a "cowboy style" stock and everything. Just like they make em in 1895. Of course my rifle is a modern production deal - not an original. It would complete the Annie Oakley look perfectly.

I just want a 15% cut of the action.

mal said...

Robbing banks? that sounds like a pleasant diversion all us suburbanites should try. It would certainly broaden our skill set *G*

Whistle Britches said...

I've know someone that has a Shetland pony for sale....
for Michelle....

Anonymous said...

My best to Rosie and Giselle.

You need more Michelles to keep the stress levels down!