Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Polanco's Challenge & Pod Coffee

We are all playing games this week. I was tagged by Dddragon, and in turn I tagged 5 unfortunate victims; one of them was Polanco. She challenged me to use this sentence in a blog: ”I had intended to take my kids with me (it's rated PG-13) but I am so glad that I decided to check it out first.”

Now, I could cheat and say that I just used it and continue on. But, I am rising to the challenge.

The Life and Times of Bill Clinton

”I had intended to take my kids with me (it's rated PG-13) but I am so glad that I decided to check it out first.”

...OK, nuff said.

Pod Coffee

Where have I been??? I have discovered the joys of Pod Coffee. Do you know what it is? It's basically coffee in tea bags, glorified by a savvy marketing department, which makes it possible to effortlessly brew only one cup of coffee at a time.

For anywhere from $20 to $300, you can buy a Pod Coffee machine, select the coffee(s) of your choice, and you are in Coffee Nirvana.

After doing a lot of homework (and reading many articles in singleservecoffee.com) I settled on the Gevalia Kaffe Pod Offer. Because it's Gevalia, and it's gourmet coffee, it has to be spelled differently than Americans spell it. But for only $30, you get 4 different varieties of specialty coffee pods (your pick) and a matching machine (worth $70).

OH, the rapture of it all! This is incredible coffee. Just as there are wine connoisseurs, there are coffee afficianados. These coffee snobs turn their noses up at Folgers (I read one of them comparing Folgers to beer. I assume he liked wine, but perhaps he was a Jack Daniels kinda guy) But you know what? They were right about Gevalia. This is good stuff!

So if you are home alone as much as I am, where you don't want to brew an entire pot of coffee for only you, try the Gevalia Kaffe Pod Offer. That is, unless you can afford this incredible machine by Tassimo for $170. Click on the System Demo button at the bottom left of the page, and be prepared to be wowed. Make sure you have your speakers on, too. You also might want to check out this series of machines.

15 comments:

United We Lay said...

Hey, no one said it was easy!

dddragon said...

Hey, hey, I'm tagging you!

Saur♥Kraut said...

Dddragon, you already tagged me! You're the one that started all this! Or did you miss my post yesterday? Then Polanco upped the ante when I tagged her. Yeesh. *rolling eyes in mock horror* Actually it's all kinda fun...

Polanco, well, I did it! Sort of, actually... I mean, I don't want to write a whole review of a pseudo movie about Bill Clinton. I just can't deal with a rehash of Monica Llewinsky (chapter also titled The Many Uses of Cigars).

Jamie Dawn said...

I guess I'm gonna have to force myself to like coffee.
It smells soooo good, but it tastes awful.
I'm so out of the loop.

Amstaff Mom said...

Hello! Just stopping by your site to say hello! I'll be back!

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Well, Saur, apparently you have never heard of Pero. I think it's made out of barley, or some other loser grain. It isn't very good, but YOU CAN MAKE IT ONE CUP AT A TIME? This, as you say, is very important. I guess taste is important too, but we poor people can't have everything. Otherwise, we would be rich, and we can't have that.

Saur♥Kraut said...

Old Hoss, Pero? You know, I never had until you mentioned it. Then I did a google and found out it was caffeine free. Now that will NEVER do. Actually, Gevalia coffee is pretty cheap! I mean, thirty bucks for the machine and 4 boxes of coffee isn't bad! It beats the heck outta a machine for $170. You know, Pero sounds like Postum, which my parents used to let me drink instead of the coffee THEY drank.

Jamie Dawn, Nah. why gain a habit that probably isn't good for you? I got hooked cuz I needed the caffeine. Now it's an acquired taste. I still prefer diet coke with a wedge of lemon.

Amstaff mom! hello! I posted another comment in your blog. Thanks for stopping by.

michelle said...

Did you have to remind me about Clinton and his little escapade? YUK!!

PS.. email.

The Lazy Iguana said...

Wine snobs who belittle beer have never had real beer. More goes into brewing beer than any wine. With wine, it is all about the grapes. Thats it. Just grapes.

With beer, there you have barley or wheat. All the same farming stuff goes into the barley as with grapes. Then you have to malt the barley. How long to you mash it for, and at what tempature? Do you want crystal malt or chocolate malt?

Then there are the hops. East Kent Goldings hops, or Fuggles Hops? Huh? Answer that for me Mr. Wine Snob.

They just do not want to admit the truth - beer is better :)

As for coffee - I am more of a tea person. But I have been known to drink coffee. I like to Irish up my coffee a little bit.

Saur♥Kraut said...

Michelle, sorry. I did check my email! That's fantastic news! I'm very proud of you (as I said in the email, too).

Lazy Iguana, doctoring your coffee is an old Irish tradition. *g* I agree with you about the beers. But then, I've never been much of an alcohol drinker, anyway. I like beer better than wine, but have never consumed large quantities of either. I used to collect beers from around the world (my ex husband got me into that) and even collected some recipes for beers, but never got around to making them. It seems like lots of fun, though!

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I am more interested in the coffee than Clinton, who I wish was back in the White House!

That machine sounds great. I am a big coffee drinker here.

Jeff said...

I must be the lamest person in the world because I hate that fancy coffee. I'm like Bonnie, when I go shopping I buy the cheap stuff. I don't need the expensive gourmet stuff becuase I don't need to taste it. I like the flavor of the cheap stuff. And for a real treat, go into starbucks some time and order a cup of coffee. The blank stare amuses me to no end. And if you don't get the blank stare right away, wait until they ask how you want it and tell them coffee. Then the blank stare will arrive for sure. The thought of drinking plain ol' black coffee is genuinly offensive to a coffee snob. That too amuses me. As if I'm somehow not good enough to breath because I prefer my coffee to taste like dirt more than candy. I suck I guess...

Until later...

Jeff said...

I went back in time for my 23rd post sentence 5 and this is what it was...

Stuffing me full of shit to make me feel better about myself and placate me for just one more day is such a man's thing to do and the fact that I actually NEED that comfort is such a sign of being the bitch.

That was a bitter and sad day. Thanks for the sour memory, Saur. I love you and I guess you love me like noone else. Damn, there goes my bitter sarcasm and there I go cracking myself up again. Now who should I tag?...

Saur♥Kraut said...

Jeff, you big old sour, grumpy stand-up comic, nasty coffee drinking thing. I love you too.

Barbara, well, there's no doubt that Clinton, warts and all, was OK as President. But that's damning by faint praise. I'd like to aspire for something better than Clinton or either of the Bushes.

Anonymous said...

Actually, the Gevalia coffee is what goes into the Tassimo system. You're just getting it in a different (more versatile) single-serve system.