Pages

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Herro?

I am frustrated. I have an account with a company called faxmicro.com. It's a great service (supposedly) because for a low price you get a toll-free fax number with unlimited incoming faxes. But, you apparently get what you pay for.

I haven't been getting my faxes delivered to my email inbox. The two times I've been in live-chat help, the operators could barely speak (or write) English. Now, this is NOT an opportunity to be xenophobic. But, really! C'mon! If you're going to work with English-speaking people, you might want to find some.

Here's a typical conversation:

Sherwin: my name Sherwin, how may i help please
Saurkraut: I am not getting my faxes delivered to my email address
Sherwin: May i know what is username please:
Saurkraut: Saurkraut
Sherwin: Please hold while I check your account
Saurkraut: thank you
Sherwin: May i know what your email address?
Saurkraut: saurkraut@xyz.com
Sherwin: Thank you
(wait for 5 minutes...)
Saurkraut: any luck figuring it out?
Saurkraut: hello?
Sherwin: Im in your account now , please wait while im checking
Saurkraut: ok, thanks
Sherwin: We will send you a test fax to you number
Saurkraut: ok
Sherwin: Do you recieve a fax before?
Saurkraut: no
Sherwin: How long you can't recieve fax?
Saurkraut: I still haven't received one...how long do you think it will take?
(another interminable wait...)

ARGH! So much for being a global community.

12 comments:

OldHorsetailSnake said...

"What is your home address please?"

"222 Wall St., Somewhere, USA 97770"

"Will this be good address to send your faxes? We wish to make sure you receive all faxes which you titled to."

dddragon said...

My dear ol' hubby signed up for a Circuit City credit card in order to get a discount on a purchase (no one else does this, right?). When I called about a year later to cancel, I discovered that the call center was somewhere in Asia. Took three calls to get the account cancelled.

Let's not forget all the assembly instructions that aren't translated correctly!

Saur♥Kraut said...

ARRRRRGGGHHHH. I returned from sales calls all day, and it STILL isn't working. I'm having the same quality conversation again, too...

Fred said...

No wonder you're not getting your faxes. There's no such thing as xyz.com. :)

Time for a home fax.

The Lazy Iguana said...

Just get a fax machine. Or get a computer, and install fax software.

But really, the best is a stand alone fax machine. Get one with memory, so that if you run out of ink or paper it still works.

You can write the phone line off as an expense. If you want to be fancy, you can amortize the fax machine - but it would be less work to just buy the thing and then forget about writing it off.

michelle said...

Saur,
Hubby bought a copy machine/fax/scanner. We love it. Remind me to tell you about it.

Lila said...

That is frustrating... :-(

michelle said...

email

mal said...

I gave up on the frustration a few years ago when my direct reports had trouble getting stuff to me. I had a second line installed (DSL too) with a stand alone machine. NO PROBLEMS since. It was worth the additional expense

Anonymous said...

I don't remember the name of the company, but I tried to have my schedules faxed by my office to my e-mail address. If it had worked smoothly, or at all, it would have been very helpful and would have saved a lot of mailing and postage.
...Ah, but the operative word: "IF"
...After the first week, most of the faxes never made it to the e-mail. Telephoning everyday to see if any faxes "should" have been received became rather counter-productive.
...The idea was scrapped. Progress? You have to love it!

Dave said...

Saur,

In India women aren’t allowed to have their own fax machines. Try having your husband or boyfriend make the call.

Saur♥Kraut said...

Well, I DO have a home fax. I figured this would be a better option for me. I guess not... IT'S STILL NOT WORKING. ARRRRRGGHHHHH