Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2005

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Today is the most unusual Thanksgiving Day I'll have. As most of you know, I'm marrying a couple today. It's going to be a largish wedding (80 guests) but not as large as some.

We had our rehearsal last night, and afterwards we went out for a bite to eat (as is traditional). What isn't traditional is where we went; an informal local seafood house that has great grouper sandwiches and other foods.

Since grouper is out of season I ordered the fried green tomatoes (a southern delicacy which is incredibly delicious) and split a grouper substitute (sheepshead) sandwich with Ozma. We all had a wonderful time visiting and discussing last minute details, but due to my recent surgery I was the first to leave. I didn't want to tax myself too much before the big day.

I will give you all the details of the wedding tomorrow.

May this Thanksgiving be the best yet, and may you all be blessed today and do your best to ignore obnoxious Great Aunt Mabel. May her cigar smoke and caustic comments only remind you how thankful you are that you don't have to deal with her for the other 364 days of the year.