Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Molester Gets Plea Bargain

I never in a million years thought the prosecution would cave in, but it did. Debra LaFave, a pretty child molester, is basically a free woman. Oh sure, she gets three years of house arrest. Whoopteedoo.

While she sits around eating chocolate bonbons and watching the soaps, one can only hope she gets fat. I think that would be a slightly more fitting punishment. In fact, I would actually be willing to put together the funds it would take to provide her with a lifetime supply of her favorite fattening foods.

If I had been the judge, I would've ordered the following: "Ms. LaFave, while you're sitting around at home, you are court ordered to gain 10 pounds a month for a total of 360 additional pounds by the end of your sentence. That may defeat your future attempts at claiming you're much too pretty to go to jail. By the way, every month that you fail to do this, you will spend a month in a small cell with a woman named Bertha."

But this is no laughing matter. A young boy was repeatedly seduced and molested by a sexual predator. If it had been a young girl and an older man, no compromise would have been available. Can you imagine the public outcry if a handsome older man had seduced a young 13 or 14 year old girl and had repeated sex with her in vehicles and hotel rooms? We wouldn't care if he looked like a young Tom Selleck!

But because her festering soul resides in an attractive package, and few people can see under the skin, she has won the sweetest deal any molester has won yet.

Congratulations, Ms. LaFave. May your body rot to match your soul.

One additional frightening thought: She once told her (then) husband that she chose to molest the boy because her husband didn't want to have children right away. This woman wants to have children??? The judge should order an immediate hysterectomy.

14 comments:

Saur♥Kraut said...

Jef, well the same could be said for girls in some of these molestation cases. They are willing participants too. But they are willing because they are young and immature and therefor easily misled. That's why it's inconsequential. And he was a 'boy', unless standards have changed for 13/14 year olds and I'm unaware of this. It might even have been more palatable (though still wrong) if he had been say...17... but 14???

Sure a hysterectomy would make no difference about her sexual practices (probably) but it would prevent her having children of her own to molest.

Saur♥Kraut said...

BTW, I agree working with Tom Cruise would certainly be punishment... Of course marrying him, even more so...

concerned citizen said...

Basically what I see is a shallow inmature person. not ness. a monster.
It is tragic that all this negative attention will come down on the kid.
Having gone through a horrible trial w/my child being raped at 12. (completly diff. circumstances) & not getting justice for her, the whole crime is that by her selfish actions she has created a situation that he will never be able to leave behind him. That is the real tragady.
I don't know if She would molest her own children, that's a little presumptuos.
I don't even imagine she would of wished this on the kid.
She is stupid & selfish & will pay for this in the long run.
P.S. Very clever blog, saurkruat

Meegan said...

I think you've got something with this Tom Cruise bit. I can't think of a more horrible punishment.

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Pump her full of fat and send her to Iraq for target practice!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Linda Jones Malonson said...

I dare say this is not the type of equal rights I desire for women!

I would personally like to kick her butt ... and yes, Tom would be a more fitting punishment .. and being fat would help too! She would indeed know how it felt to be isolated from the mainstreams of society.

I am glad to see you well, Saur ... and happy you took your health into your own cable hands.

Thank you for your kindness and I am coming back ... loud and clear! I feel so much better. For a minute I thought I was out of here, just wonderful luck to have so many wonderful folks sending such love and good will. I am blessed indeed!

Now where do I go to contribute to the Bonbon fund!

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Yes, there was quite a bit of press on this story this morning on the shows regarding the double standard. It does appear, howerver, that she has some serious mental health issues, and is seeking treatment from what I could tell from the interview with her attorney. This is not a justification for her behavior, just information.

Saur♥Kraut said...

Barbara, well...the mental health defense is almost always the first defense. And in this case it's not very effective. After all, there are plenty of people who are bi-polar and aren't molesting children. But I did hear about it, thanks for letting me know just in case!

Liquid Plastic, so glad that you're on the mend! I was worried. I am thinking we could probably start a bonbon fund and it would get great press (and be funny, too) so I am strongly considering it. It might send a much-needed message.

Daniel, *LOL*

Meegan, ah yes... *rubbing chin thoughtfully and trying to look Machiavellian*

l>t, I am so sorry to hear of your daughter's experience. It can be very scarring and I hope she's getting good counseling. I don't know if LaFave could've seen this as anything but abuse. She certainly saw it as wrong (and knew it was) by her attempts to conceal it and later justify it.

Lee Ann said...

Omg! That stinks! I just do not understand the justice system sometimes.
I agree with your last sentence.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

We had a teacher that looked like that in high school. The thing is, none of us knew jack about sex. Teachers were unobtainable, anyway. I lived in a golden age. And now that I am 75 +, I still do.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a sinking feeling, too?

Jessica said...

Sick. Frightening. Poor kid.

Fred said...

Did you see her smiling wide in the Tampa Tribune? Disgusting.

Econo-Girl said...

Kill her!