Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2005

My (Minor?) Relapse...and More

So, I went to the neighbors' home for dinner two nights ago. On the way back, across the thick lawn in the dark, I stepped into a tiny depression and misstepped ever so slightly. I heard a slight crack in my neck, but figured it wasn't anything serious.

The next day, I was a little more sore than usual. When the nurse called to check up on me, and I casually mentioned it, she was alarmed. The upshot is; I have yet another doctor's appointment today to make sure I haven't dislodged anything.

Argh!!! You'd think that medical science has come far enough to make sure I'm bolted together well enough to insure against a slight misstep! This workaholic is frustrated beyond belief. Hopefully it's nothing.

POST DOCTOR VISIT: It is nothing. The doc says I am healing just fine. *Whew*!!!

But Wait! There's More!

This week of downtime has allowed me to do more reading than I normally have. I have rediscovered the Alfred Hitchcock compilations of scary, short stories. The adult ones can be a little chilling, but the kids ones are perfectly fear-free. I highly recommend that you get your hands on some of these books. But don't drive up the price too far before I get my complete set.

The Only Disadvantage: It really enhances your dreams if you're forced to be on pain pills. John Carpenter couldn't craft a movie so scary. :P One morning I woke up after dreaming I was a zombie, and still had the aftertaste of dead, dried flesh. Mmm, tastes like chicken! That's when you get up quickly, brush your teeth, and go humming through the house, hoping that no one looks any more tempting than usual...

World News and Events: So far Godless Mom, Polanco, and Mallory have got it covered. When I'm back in shape, I'll start rantin' and ravin' again. ;o)

19 comments:

Eddo said...

Okay, I just saw the title of the next post... I have to read it immediately.

dddragon said...

geeez - be more careful!!

Hope it's nothing serious! or nothing at all!

michelle said...

Saur,
You need to check out sweet-n-saur and the Classroom blog. They are trying to change school starting times. It is a nightmare....

Saur♥Kraut said...

Michelle, you are kidding. I'll check it out right away. Thanx.

Anonymous said...

Saur, tripping across the grass? SLOW DOWN. I hope it is all ok and no worries.

I saw you went to 3 scores site. His writing is delightful.

michelle said...

Saur,
Ok, last I talked to you you were taking it easy and being good. Now you are galavanting around the neighborhood falling on your face. What to do with you!?

OK I exagerate. But, please be careful.

Saur♥Kraut said...

Kathleen, yeah... I enjoy his site! I put it up on my list. Thanks for the tip! Yeah, I need to slow down. I really, really hate it, though.

Michelle, *LOL* I posted again in The Classroom. I'm coming around to your side. You have some good points. Incidentally, some of the old posters are back in there, probably due to your post in here.

Saur♥Kraut said...

Dddragon, thanks, hon! All's well that end's well.

Eddo, what...me get married? No way. Not until you renounce Kat and move down here. Kidding. ;o)

FTS, the problem being (and my entire family will assure you of this) that I am not a good girl. *sigh*

TLP said...

Stay off the grass. Stay ON the sidewalk. Don't walk in the dark. There. That's the mother in my talking.

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Take good care, please.

I am a big Hichcock fan as well.

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and words on my blog.

michelle said...

I read the Classroom. I am glad everyone is posting about this. I do agree with you regarding the comment about students loosing jobs. It is a catch 22 for me. I do think some students can "do it all". Some students "have" to work. Ultimately the subject is about EDUCATION. Thanks for posting again. I know the Classroom isn't your favorite place. With my son being in kindergarten I feel I must have my say.

Lila said...

I'm glad you're okay!

It's nice to have time to read, isn't it?

Jamie Dawn said...

I'm so glad your crack didn't amount to anything serious. Um, that didn't sound quite like it was meant to sound, but heck, you know what I meant by it.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

No ranting permitted. Unless, of course, it is about the asswipes who tried to steal your clients.

Anonymous said...

In reference to your "Classroom" comments, please don't minimize the importance of teens having a paid job. My children's education does not begin and end with their academics in the public schools. My college bound son has a job, not only to earn the money to pay for things he wants, but to learn a small part about real life. He must budget his time and money, he's gaining job skills in a real business office, and he's experiencing the rewards (and hardships) of being responsible. He may not "need" the job, but if he want to drive, he needs to pay for a car, gas, insurance, etc. We can't do it - and if we could, we wouldn't.

Saur♥Kraut said...

Always Questioning, you have a very valid point, I grant you. However, I believe that education is the most important thing anyone can have. No kidding; I feel that strongly. So, in my belief system, kids can do without cars and fancy clothes, but they cannot do without education.

Kids should see education as their real job and parents should encourage them at this. I'd like to point to the asian culture, where the kids don't usually work and almost always are at the head of the class, because education is key.

Our workforce is suffering, and kids are getting dumber, because it's being allowed.

Saur♥Kraut said...

TLP, thanks, mom!

Barbara, of course. My heart goes out to you and yours. *hugs*

AP3 YES! I am LOVING it. Though my paycheck is suffering somewhat. *sigh*

Jamie Dawn, are you cracking on me??? ;o)

Old Hoss, wish you were here. If I didn't marry you, I'd hire you.

ActonBell, too late. I did laundry and went to bed groaning last night. OK, OK! I'll pace myself more today. Grrr.

Fred said...

Whew! is right. Glad you're bolted together the right way.

Kind of reminds me of the old game, Operation. Remember if you touched the metal, it buzzed? I hope the doctors didn't buzz when they put you back together.

Saur♥Kraut said...

Fred, *LOL* Funny you should say that! I was thinking of it just before I went under the knife!