Pages

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Dysfunctional Dr. Seuss

This poem was written about 8 years ago by a good friend of mine (who's agreed to let me publish it here). Another one of my silent readers is a big fan of it and says there are many fellow dysfunctionals out there, so here it is:

Dysfunctional Dr. Seuss
For grownups who aren’t

I hate my job, I hate my hair
I hate my boss, he doesn’t care!
My boyfriend’s ex is coming down,
I wish that I were out of town.
My own ex is a lunatic,
And acts so foul he makes me sick.
I’m going to court to show I’ve made
The child support I’ve already paid.
My child is told I’m going to hell,
Am I? I can no longer tell.
He’s also told I’m a bad mother,
And yet he says he wants no other.
Confusion reigns supreme in my life,
But thank god I’m no longer my ex’s wife!

(Hey! Don't blame me! I know it sucks! But I'm short on material today, because Wednesdays are deadline days. Too much work, not enough time. You know? So cut me some slack!)

9 comments:

Saur♥Kraut said...

Chris, *LOL* NO, no such luck.

High Power Rocketry said...

No that was hard work and well done. That it is all true makes it even more impressive, and depressing.

If by "likes it" you mean whole grain cereal... Then YES, I also LIKES IT in the morning.

Miss Cellania said...

I LOVE this poem! Don't apologize, you made me giggle.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Maybe you could chortle about California's heat wave next time? Before they start chortling about Florida's hurricanes?

Anonymous said...

ha!
me and Miss C giggled!!!!
How could anyone be against the morning thing???????
sheeeeeeeesh
that causes an all day smile in N fl.!
ole j

Dave said...

Saur,

I use to work for a Japanese Co. My seaweed breath of a boss always told me "no excuse no blame".

mushi mushi

Nihilistic said...

The Cat in the Hat makes me anxious!

The Lazy Iguana said...

Ill cut you slack if you donate to my new favorite charity!

Heather said...

I guess we'll cut you some slack this time. Just don't expect it in the future. ;)