Pages

Monday, July 10, 2006

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to...

SaurKid and I were driving along, listening to heavy metal (our favorite type of music). The singer was intermittently screaming and singing something about gouging his eyes out. Even though I hate country music, there are times which both genres are eerily similar! :P

As we were getting out of the car, SaurKid commented "You know, when people go through a nervous breakdown, they usually get depressed and start talking about stuff like this. But what would happen to this guy if he had a breakdown? Would he start singing about soft, fuzzy bunnies?"

Good question.



Friday night Michelle, her hubby, and I met up with some of the readers of our school blog. Although some people opted to stay out later, I left around 9 PM and headed home.

I was in a town I wasn't familiar with, and when I suddenly saw a cop pull out behind me with lights flashing, I immediately pulled over with the realization that I must have violated some traffic law or missed a sign in the dark.

As I turned off the engine, I got out of my car and headed over to the police car. I forgot that they see this as a sign of aggression, although I was trying to be helpful. A woman's voice said "Ma'am, please get back in your car." I hastily complied.

She came up and asked for the usual information. I politely gave her my license and asked what I'd done. She told me that I'd blown through two stop signs! I apologized, telling her how unfamiliar I was with the town. I also said I'd have to look through my glove compartment for the insurance and registration. She said the license would do, at least for the moment.

As she ran my license, I located my paperwork and had it ready for her when she got back. I started to hand it over to her but she shook her head and gave me back my license.

"Nevermind," she said. "Just do me a favor. Don't run through any more stop signs, OK?" she asked.

"Oh wow, thank you!" I said, shaking her hand fervently. "You have no idea what I've been through this past month. I really appreciate this, more than you know!"

"No problem," she said, grinning. "By the way... you've got great hair!"

19 comments:

The Lazy Iguana said...

Last time I was pulled over I was also not given a ticket. I was on my way home from the former airport job wearing my Transportation Security Administration uniform. Think that helped?

Saur♥Kraut said...

Lazy, It might have... or maybe you had great hair, too! ;o)

Ed said...

I didn't know women could use their "powers" to get out of tickets given by female cops.

Seriously, I've been amazed at some of the tickets that I have gotten out of compared to some that I haven't. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.

AQ said...

You do have great hair

michelle said...

You have great hair, but I think you were being hit on. :-)

mikster said...

It's always the hair that does it huh?...lol

Saur♥Kraut said...

Michelle, Well, if so, it was the only "hit" I got that night! :D

AQ, thanks! It was great meeting you, BTW. I didn't name names so that everyone can have plausible deniability! ;o)

Ed, weirdly, I almost always get ticketed. If it's a guy, I get the ticket. The two times a female cop pulled me over, I was let off.

Saur♥Kraut said...

Mike, Oh, but this is great hair. It really is. It should be, for the price I paid!

United We Lay said...

I've had a few nice expereinces with cops, though none in FL. Your kid made a great point!

michelle said...

One hit is better than none.

Saur♥Kraut said...

Michelle, ;o) True dat!

UWL, SaurKid keeps me laughing. :D

Deb said...

From one lady to another, right? You probably gave her more tips than you know! ;)

A woman's hair is her glory as they say!

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Which is very true, but most male cops wouldn't have thought to say it.

So you're off the hook and can start talking to the fuzzy bunnies...

Dave said...

Saur,

You made me choke on a fishstick. Pinellas County is just full of lesbians.

I thought your hair was damaged from continuous colorization, were you wearing a wig?

There's this young girl I work with who has the best hair I've ever seen in my life, unfortunately she has a bump on her nose. I want to pop her in the nose so bad. I can't help but wonder why she doesn't get a nose job.

I pretty much owe all my success to my hair. I bet my hair is better than yours.

mal said...

only a woman officer would say that *L*

BTW...Heavy Metal can not be compared to Country until Heavy Metal starts singing about dogs and 18 wheelers

Jenn said...

oh, boy. I see from comments I wasn't the one that thought she really liked you.

I hate it when that happens.

Kristie said...

good to know you have good taste in music too!! ;) nice being a chick sometimes.

Three Score and Ten or more said...

I'm not sure if you have great hair (not having seen it) but I appreciate the sentiment. My better half and I went to see the sometimes maligned film the Devil Wears Prada, and her first comment after the film was over stated that Meryl Streep (It wasn't Glen Close was it? I'm old and get confused) had the greatest haircut. (A haircut to kill for she said later).

Notsocranky Yankee said...

I'm not as lucky as you. Cops seem to be getting meaner these days. My last ticket was the day after Christmas with the whole family in the car, going to Grammy's house. Merry f*&%ing Christmas!

I like Saurkid's observation. A nice opportunity for you to hear what he's thinking about!